iPhone Catches Fire in Student’s Pocket

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , .

Posted 3 years ago

HR

iPhone Catches Fire in Student's PocketOn Friday, a middle school student in Kennebunk, Maine, suffered second-degree burns when the iPhone she had in her pocket caught fire.

The phone model in question was the Apple iPhone 5C. The 14-year-old girl had sat down, just before her first-period French class, when she and her friends heard a pop. She realized that her pants were on fire.

“I was a little bit in shock,” her mother, Judy Milligan, said when the school informed her of the incident. The girl, whose name was not released, was taken to Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford for treatment.

– Charles Herrion

HR

Leave a Reply