Posted 12/10/2012 at 10:13 AM
Posted 5 years ago
Last Friday Samsung gave readers of their Samsung Tomorrow official blog a taste of what the new “Premium Suite upgrade” had in store. Showing off various features of the Jelly Bean upgrade, the Korean electronics giant promised that there was more to come, and indeed there was. Today, the company has published part two of the features that S3 users can expect to receive from the premium upgrade, and some of them are pretty neat.
Amongst the various features is the standout, and highly anticipated, Multi-Window feature, which can already be found in use on the Galaxy Note and has won a number of admirers thanks to its ability to allow users to run two apps simultaneously in separate windows.
Samsung has released two videos to showcase the new features, as well as a full list of what’s new to accompany each.
Part one focused on contextual awareness and enhanced features. Here’s a full list of what was included – if you’d rather watch the videos explaining the features, skip to the bottom of the post for the links.
(1) Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
(2) Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
(3) Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
(1) Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
(2) Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
(3) Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
(4) Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
Part two was all about multimedia and better accessibility. Here are the features that Samsung revealed to complete the Premium Suite:
(1) Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
(2) Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
(3) Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
(1) Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
(2) Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
(3) Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
(4) Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
Availability of the Premium Suite upgrade is likely to vary depending on location and mobile carrier.