TUTORIAL: How to Use Jetpack for WordPress
Tags: blog, blogging, designers, developers, Jetpack, Plugins, self-hosted, social media, Tutorial, web design, web development, WordPress, WordPress Tutorial, WordPress.com.
Posted 12/11/2013 at 11:26 AM
Posted 3 years ago
WordPress is known for its amazing variety of plugins, all made available for its users for better designing of their websites. Out of all those, Jetpack demands a place of its own.
With this WordPress plugin, you can supercharge your self-hosted WordPress site and use the amazing cloud power of WordPress.com.
Installing Jetpack is pretty easy which only includes a few steps:
- Install Jetpack via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or it can also be installed by uploading the files to your server
- You have to be a WordPress user in order to use the services of this plugin. So, log on to your WordPress account
- Activate Jetpack in WordPress.com
- Connect to WordPress.com which leads to enabling the Jetpack features
- Click on the authorize button to initialize the Jetpack connection
Users without a WordPress.com account can quickly create one after clicking the connect button.
After these steps, Jetpack gets installed on the account and the user is free to use its features right away.
Some of the useful addons integrated in Jetpack include:
- Comments and Subscriptions get easy for Jetpack users. Through this add-on, a user can subscribe to particular posts, or even an entire blog
- Through Site Stats, generating useful data from the website gets easier and quicker. It’s the main overview page for Site Stats that provides a wealth of information to its visitors
- Jetpack makes sharing easy through it social sharing buttons, and can be quickly placed in the website in just a a few clicks. The Sharing Widgets lets you choose multiple social sharing icons and place them where you want them to appear
- Carousel is another add-on in Jetpack that can turn any standard WordPress gallery into a cool full screen display.
- There is Spelling and Grammar help too, in spelling and grammar mistakes can be corrected
As you can see, there are many reasons to try Jetpack.
– Ady Sachdeva