WP MultiBadge lets you easily add social media and social network site badges to your WordPress site.
You can also add badges for any purpose, such as support and contact badges, and link them to the applicable pages on your site.
Badges remain anchored to the right side of the page so they are always visible to site visitors.
Choose from a selection of predesigned badges included with the plugin, or design your own badges.
See an example of the plugin in action here.
View some screenshots:
How to install WP MultiBadge
1. Upload WP-MultiBadge folder and its contents to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
3. You can now select any of our badges from the badge images folder, or, you can design your own badges. If you decide to design your own badges, please keep in mind that all of your badges must be the same size.
4. Click on “Add New” from the WP MultiBadge menu listing on the dashboard.
5. Enter the name of your badge under “Add New Badge Item” – (example: Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
6. Enter your badge URL in the Badge URL field – (example: http://facebook.com/yourfanpage, http://youtube.com/yourusername)
7. On the right hand side of the page click the “Set featured image” link. NOTE: If you don’t see the “Set featured image” link, you’ll need to add it to your site’s theme. You can do this by copy/pasting the following code into your theme’s “functions.php” file.
add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ );
You can access the “functions.php” file by going to “Appearance => Editor – under “Templates” click on “Theme Functions” – insert the line of code above into your “functions.php”, save your changes, and then return to your badge and click on the “Set featured image”.
8. Select the image file that you’d like to use for your badge.
9. Under “Title” you might want to change the title to something friendlier than a file name, such as Facebook, or, YouTube, instead of the default file name.
10. Just beneath the “Size” section you’ll see the following link: “Use as featured image” – click that link to set the badge as a featured image.
11. Click the “Save all changes” button and close out the “Set featured image” window.
That’s it. You badge will now show up on the right hand side of your site. Repeat the steps above to add more badges.